Monday, April 28, 2014

5K RUN FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next weekend is the run for public schools! I am so excited to run it again because I did it last year and it was a lot of fun! Last year I completed the race in 30 min. and 45 seconds, while doing about a 9:55 pace. The fastest runner of the kids did the race in 19 min. and 30 sec. Isn't that fast?! My strategy is to start out a little bit slower than you would like to go, than slowly increase the speed, and slow down if you feel really exhausted, yet at the finish line I always sprint as fast as I can. I love to run the race because it's overall fun, but at the same time I'm doing it for a good cause, which helps to motivate me near the end of the race when it gets hard. This year my former fourth grade teacher will be running it too, so that will be fun. Overall, I'm looking forward to it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment