Monday, April 7, 2014

Reflection on the ELA Test

As we all know, last week was the ELA State Test . For me, ELA test was pretty easy, and on a scale of one to ten (ten being unbelievably easy, and one being horribly hard) I would rate the tests a 7. 5.
 I think the tests were overall very fair and didn't include any subject areas that were not studied in class. The passages were interesting enough for them not to be boring, and all of the questions were relevant to the passage and at least two pieces of supporting evidence could be found to back up your claim in the short responses. I felt like I had just enough time for Day One and Day Two, but for Day Three, I only had one minute left when I finished, therefore I think that the Day Three time could be extended from the original time by maybe ten minutes.
 After taking the tests I felt like they were accurate assessments of what was learned this year (and other years) in class. The essay question on Day Two was a little bit difficult for me because I could only find a few pieces of supporting evidence to support my statement. Surprisingly, Day One was the hardest day for me, Day Two the second most difficult, and Day Three the easiest, which is unusual in my case because short responses are my weaknesses.
Overall, the ELA state test (for me) was okay and I found it to be decent and reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment